Re: [IP] battery warning

In a message dated 9/7/1999 7:32:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Our new insurance covers supplies under Durable Medical
 Equipment >>

So glad you said that......I'm in the middle of a misunderstanding (I'm being
nice here :)) - Before we got the pump, I checked with insurance and they
said the pump AND supplies are covered 100% as durable medical equipment.
When I sent a reorder to Disetronic, they called to remind me insurance would
only cover 50% because supplies are covered as prescription items.  The best
part is - if they're covered as prescriptions then WHY DON'T PHARMACIES CARRY
THEM?  And if they aren't durable medical equipment, then how come YOU CAN
ONLY GET THEM AT MEDICAL SUPPLIES PLACES???  My disetronic rep said she had
it in writing from insurance that supplies are DME, and she would fight the
battle for me.  Wish me luck.  Ha!