Re: [IP] battery warning

Vicki McDonald wrote:

> Do not take the LO BATTERY alert for granted.  Keep extra batteries with you at all times.>

Steve called from school today to say that he had a no delivery alarm,
and still had insulin left.  He changed his site (supervised by the
nurse), then finished giving his bolus that had been interrupted.  LOW
BATT appeared!  He called me, because the extra batteries were at home.
(Long story).  Anyway, we put in the new batteries and then went to
Walmart to get replacements.  $1.96 each for the Eveready variety.  I
called MM and asked if the "Disposable Power Kit" that we got with our
pump was available through our insurance (it contained I believe, 9
batteries and infusion set tubing clamps).  She told me that they should
be covered if ordered with other supplies.  So I ordered some reservoirs
and infusion sets and will find out tomorrow if the batteries are indeed
covered, (she said they would call me after verifying coverage with my
NEW insurance).  Our new insurance covers supplies under Durable Medical
Equipment, we have a $1500 cap/year except for diabetes supplies for
which there is no cap (CT state law).

I just love jumping through hoops.

Sharon,
Mom of Steven, age 13