Re: [IP] Re: how high of a BG means no exercise?

In a message dated 9/7/99 12:18:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< As an old soccer Dad, numbers that high will seriously impede his
 performance and endurance. He really needs to be close to normal
 range to get good response from his body, avoid cramps, etc... >>
 Thanks Michael.  I am still new at this pumping thing and get nervous when
he says he's 123 and a game is about to start.  He tests at half time to see
if he needs gatorade or a bolus, and so far he's bolused.  Maybe this weekend
I'll try to let go and let him play at a "normal" number to see what happens.
 His coach has mentioned he is more consistent in his skills and endurance
since going on the pump, so I know it is helping.  His team made it to the
quarterfinals in a tournament in Granby Quebec this past weekend.  (Canadian
age brackets are not the same as NH, so his team of 12 yr olds played mostly
13yr olds, and as many of you may realize, this is a MAJOR growth age, so the
size difference was noticeable)