Re: [IP] batteries, warnings, and $$$$$

On 7 Sep 99, at 13:06, email @ redacted wrote:
> As I understood it.  The Minimed pump used only 3 silver oxide batteries
> (everready #357).  These are very common watch batteries available
> wherever watch batteries are sold (I did this research on my own.  This is
> not from MM).  The Disetronic uses 3 lithium batteries that you have to
> get from them.
>  The reason being that they're packaged in some kind on case which can't
>  be

NOPE.  The Disetronic uses the EXACT SAME battery as the MM,
the 357, Silver-Oxide.  The Disetronic's just comes in a holder that
makes it waterproof.  To change the batteries in a Disetronic holder
requires a "minor" operation shown at this site:

So, in an emergency, any 357 battery could be used in a
Disetronic, even one from Minimed.        ;>)