Re: [IP] Re: [IPn] Please help support Insulin Pumpers

> Have you considered seeking some corporate sponsorship?  I know this
> is tricky, but it shouldn't be impossible as long as there's no
> conflict of interest.  For example, if both MiniMed and Disetronic,
> the two pump competitors supported our list/site, no one could claim
> undue influence.

Yes, I've contacted them several times without success so far.
I've received a response from MM that they are looking into it,
I've never heard back from Disetronic, not even a respsponse to
my queries. Guess they don't consider what we do to be valuable, but
who knows. It is very discouraging sometimes to work so hard and be
rebuffed by the primary economic beneficiaries. But you folks on the
list are great and I will keep up the effort. Hopefully the pump
companies will see that they too benefit from the Insulin Pumpers'
community and help to support us.

>  And the meter mfrs. likewise -
I'm working on some things with some of them. Hopefully we'll have
some action in the next month or 2.

> Their must be lawyers on this list who could advise you concerning
> how to avoid possible liabilities if you took such a course.

Insulin Pumpers only will accept donations with no strings attached,
so it is not a problem. A non-profit can't really engage in much or
quickly becomes both tainted and messes up it's tax status.