Re: [IP] Schools against kids/only pumper in school dist.

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 1999 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Schools against kids

> Matt went back to school and to boot the school is
> "overcrowded" so they have 2  fifth grade classes in "trailers" Matt being
> one of them. Now keep in mind, the trailers are detached from the school,
> the kids must go outside to go back into the school building, for lunch,
> bathroom, water etc

Last yeat Eve was in trailer too, but they were attached to the end of her
school( we live in Minn and they had to be attached). NO bathroom, farthest
rooms from the nurse ect.

>I say you wait until he gets his pump, then you will see
> unique, it chimes, beeps and has alarms, what will you say to that!!!!!!!

I think the health aid at her school and the dist. nurse freaked when I told
them Eve was going on the pump. They had no clue what it was. We live in a
large rural school dist. with 8,000 students about 15 or so have diabetes.
Eve is the first child in the school dist. to have a pump.  I just handed
them all the video tapes from mm and extra lit. I also gave them extra
manuals I had, and than  showed them what the pump and a set looked like. I
said if it chimed or beeped or alarmed just  look it up in one of the books
or call mm. <g> So far nothing has gone wrong, She had for three weeks at
the end of last year. I also told them this was much easlier for them, NO
needles (Eve was taking a shot at lunch time).

Deborah mom to Eve 12
DXed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99