Re: [IP] How to insert infusion set (Silhouette....long)

In a message dated 9/6/99 3:29:44 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Erica goes 6 days on 150 units of insulin so every
second change (3 days) is the infusion set only, and we just hook up the
existing tubing/syringe to the new Silhouette.  There is no need to fill
the cannula with this site change as it already has insulin in it.

A very well written explanation, but I don't understand why the cannula for
the new silhouette would have insulin in it.  I can see that the tubing would.