[IP] Schools against kids

In a message dated 9/3/99 8:51:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< In school it is dangerous to refer to the low carbs as medication.  The
 school is likely to keep them in the nurses office and only allow dispensing
 under supervision.  It works great if you are an adult but kids are
 considered LESS than adult or should I say less than human in school. >>

  This is only true if the people at the school are uneducated about
diabetes.  The nurse should be the child's advocate, not enemy.  I am shocked
to read about all of the problems parents on this list are having with their
schools.  The administrators should be ashamed of themselves!  They are
supposed to be there FOR the kids!  They should rethink their jobs if they
are no longer there to help the kids.