Re: [IP] Can't get post breakfast down

how old is your son and how much does he weigh?

how much total insulin per day was he on prior to pumping?

geneva is 10, weighs 86 lbs. and was on a total of 25-28 units per day
according to whether she was in growth spurt or not.

her pumping totals have gone down a bit.

you might be chasing the highs...as we were doing at night from 8-12.

take your son's total insulin units on injection...divide by half and then
divide that figure by 24hours.  that amount is pretty close to what you
should have for an hourly basal rate.

there will be times of exercise and dawn phenomenon  in which the basal will
be higher or lower.

the only other thing that I can think of is the situation in which there is
site degradation.  geneva had really high numbers towards the 2-3rd day on
an existing site...until we started mixing humalog with velosulin.

are the high numbers happening all of the time..or towards the 2 1/2 day of
a site?

ruth and geneva