Re: [IP] Kids and neuropathy

What your describing is "tingling" or "falling asleep sensation", does
anyones children cry with pain in ankles and knees, especially most often
when lying still?  Our pediatrician is excellent and did a battery of
bloodwork on Matt who is 10 and newly diagnosed, 8 mos ago, and i'm not sure
if she checked for thyroid function?  I know she ruled out Lyme , Lupus, and
arthritis, i will call and see if she checked his thyroid.  Any info on this
greatly appreciated, sometimes he DOES complain of tingling sensations as
well, but not as often as pain.  And i agree the endo is real fast to say oh
no it couldn't happen that quickly.  My opinion, and this is only an opinion,
i'm new at all this, is that i don't truly know how long Matt was "diabetic",
they claim only "months", maybe.....but i feel it was much much
longer.....like years.....i'll explain.  I started treating Matt for what i
thought were"food" allergies when he was 4yrs old.  I couldn't take the
headaches....stomach aches....nasty temper tantrums....any longer and all i
got from my pediatrician then was kids will be kids...so at that point i
started taking books out of library.  After diagnosis i realized all his
symptons were high blood sugar related!  Now that he's on insulin he is
eating all the foods and drinks i thought he was "allergic" too and he's
fine.  Other than the occasional moody low or moody high.........sorry this
post got sooo long, i just felt it a perfect oppurtunity to bring this
up......Matt on the path to pumping....