[IP] private schools

I have mixed feelings on the issue of acceptance. I personally did go to a
private school. I was fortunate enough to have been accepted before I was
dxed. I attended the same school from 1st through 12th grade.  On one hand,
it was a positive experience. It was more close-knit and friendly overall and
acceptance of diabetes was greater than I think would have been in the public
school system.
My mixed feelings come in when thinking about the application process.  My
thought are that, as one person said, if they don't want your child with
diabetes, than perhaps it is not the place to send him.  On the other hand,
the way that I generally tended/tend to face any application process is to
not mention the fact that I have diabetes until I am accepted/hired.  I feel
that I deserve a fair shot at it, and in all honesty, do sometimes feel that
being upfront with diabetes would prevent that. I am not sure if it will be
possible for you to avoid mentioning the diabetes in your situation, but ...
I feel that I, and others deserve a fair chance, and unfortunately many ppl
are just ignorant about diabetes.  If you are intent on your child going to
private school, I would apply regardless of what the outcome may be. One
never knows until he tries!  Good luck!