Re: [IP] Insurance Question

Jessica Marder wrote:
> but cobra
> made them at least pay for my continued care.....  i don't know all the
> details... but i think you have some protection on this one....
A fairly recent federal law (1994?) requires that any insurance company
apply the amount of time you have had continuous coverage to the waiting
period for coverage of pre-existing conditions.  The last 2 times I
changed jobs the old insurance sent a letter with length of coverage
information when they received the cancellation info from the old
employer.  Occasionally our congresscritters do good stuff <g>.