[IP] weight loss at diagnosis??

As I stated in my last post I had lost 42 lbs in one month and the dr.
told my Mom if she had not got a second opinion when she did that I
probably would not have been here. But remember this was in 1971 and
they did not have the medical knowledge to diagnose type 1's especially
as much as they do now. Thank God that the medical community has become
more astute to the signs and symptoms or there would probably be alot of
children become comatose like myself before diagnosis. When my sugar
gets out of control (it hasn't in a loong time) for a period of weeks I
still lose weight rapidly. April