Re: [IP] What am I missing?

>    I have "Pumping Insulin" by John Walsh. I have read it cover to cover &
>am starting over. It is the best book I have ever read on diabetes. I also
>have "The Pocket Pancreas" also very good!

Don't know if you've seen it, but another John Walsh book (also TOO big to
carry in my purse!!) is "Stop the Rollercoaster"- not a bad thing to have on
your "Diabetes 101 recommended reading list."

I had been on that rollercoaster of frustrating, inexplicable highs & lows
for months (after a year & a half of excellent control on MDI!?) when I
started pumping nearly two weeks ago...& within 24 hours, my numbers were in
a "normal range" (previously they had ranged anywhere from 20 to 500, with
no apparent rhyme or reason) & I felt like a completely different person.
Life is SO much better here, thanks to that beautiful little piece of
technology sitting in my pocket!!  No, it's not ALL sunshine & roses- I
think I had my first experience with site degradation last night
  ...but thanks to the reading I've done on this list, I knew how to deal
with it.  Thanks, folks, for sharing your experiences!

Have a great weekend!!