Re: [IP] hypoglycemia, need advice, help

I have been a diabetic for 44 of my 47 years.  The few times I got
belligerent when low as a child, the fact that I was unreasonable or
cooperative didn't cross my mind.  Don't assume she is aware of how she is
acting or able to reason at those times.  In my adult life there have been a
few time when I have actually gotten physical with people trying to help, and
often resist attempts at help, this is typically when by BG is less than 20.
I saw other young diabetics when I was in camp try to punch individuals
trying to help them when they were very low.  A psychiatrist tried to explain
these reactions by saying that we try very hard to control our BG's and
protect our health, and when we think we don't need sugar we may see attempt
to help as a threat.  I'm not convinced that's true, but don't have any
better explanation.  Any one else have any explanations for this type of