[IP] What am I missing?

I realize that this is a list for Pumpers & Pumping. Technically I am not a
pumper.  I have my MM 507-C (Blue) & have an appointment for training with
the CDE on 9/13/99.
    But I am having a problem & hope someone here can help.
     My Endo has me calling him with my BS numbers every 7-10 days for
adjustments. Two weeks ago he suggested taking 8 units N & 2 units Humalog in
the AM. Then 10 of the H at supper & 10 of the N 4 hours later. This did not
work. I was consistently crashing. I was unable to contact him so reduced the
dose to 8 N & 2 H in the Am. With 9 H followed by 9 N in the PM. Still too
low with a 43 BS, 4 hours after supper.
By the time I made contact with my Endo I had adjusted down to 7 N & 2 H in
the AM. With 8 H & 8 N in the PM. With a BS of 147 before supper (79 Carbs)
it still dropped to 37 in 2 hours.
    His new suggestion is ... 7 N & 2 H in the AM. And 10 H followed by 8 N
in the PM.
    I have dropped the Morning N to 7 but kept the evening doses at 8 H & 8
N. Even at that my BS is still dropping 22 points, 2 hours after 68 carbs.
    What am I missing?