Re: [IP] weight loss at diagnosis??

I was diagnosed when I was 5 years old.....I also had a bad case of the flu
which masked a lot of the symptoms of the diabetes...<my father is a
doctor>.....finally when I went into a coma, they took me to the emergency
room and a medical student diagnosed me from my "fruity
breath".....LOL...anyway..I look at pictures of myself from the same time
before my diagnosis...and I was literally a walking skeleton....when I asked
my Mom why she never questioned the severe weight loss, she said that she was
so happy that one of her children was so thin that I didn't occur to her that
something might be wrong....LOL......;-)