Re: [IP] accomodations for blind pumper?

In a message dated 9/3/99 1:10:38 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< As far as insurance, since its government I don't know
 if this applies, but my doctor's office just told me
 that as of Jan. 1, 1999 any insurance covering a
 person in the states of Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky or
 (?)Illinois must pay for all diabetes supplies,
 equipment, etc.  >>

Hi Suzanna

I actually testified on behalf of the bill in Indiana. It does not cover
employers that fall under ERISA (self-insured), nor does it cover Medicare --
that has its own set of rules.

Here's a link to the site regarding the Indiana law: <A

As far as blind people being able to pump: They certainly can.

Which reminds me that Roche (the AccuChek people) recently came out with a
meter for vision-impaired people, if that's of interest to anyone on the list.