Re: [IP] frustrated with friend . . .venting

I started using my MM 507C on July 8.1999.  Up until two week ago, I was
considering throwing it in the ocean.  I saw nothing but endless BS tests day
and during the night and unbelievable highs and lows.  I was working harder
than ever with BS worse than I had before I started pumping.  Prior to
pumping my A1C was 6.9.  I was having highs in the 400s and one or two over
500.  My lows included a 26.  I never had this before pumping.

Since then I stated with a new RN, CDE who is a diabetic using an insulin
pump.  She is wonderful.  She completely changed how I was figuring things.
It is a lot simpler now and therefore I can better understand how things
should work and why.  Yes, I am still getting up at 2:00am but I am making
headway in setting good basal rates.  She said it could take four months to
have this run smoothly.  I can see a big difference already.  I was just
chasing by tail with adjustments.

Consider changing your CDE.