[IP] Need help w/ college research project!

Hi Everyone!
    Well, I just went back to school yesterday and I am excited to be in my
last year of college.  I'm studying to be an Elementary Education teacher and
I am specializing in moderate special needs.
    Let me get to the point, in my class Emotional Development we have
already received our final assignment due at the end of the semester.  We are
asked to do a research paper and to write about a topic of my choice that
deals with emotional development (ex. the effects of trauma, violence,
illness, etc.).  So I have decided to write about how people felt when they
were first diagnosed with diabetes.  So if you could just a take a few
minutes out of your busy schedules and just write a brief description of your
emotions when you were told you had diabetes and how you coped with your
feelings.  Also how old you were when you were diagnosed.
Thank you in advance to helping me with my research.
 - Kerri
   It would probably be better to e-mail me privately at email @ redacted