Re:[IP] lows in a classroom

Sara = email @ redacted at Wed, 1 Sep 1999 09:57:20 EDT
>it is time for the person with diabetes to come "out."
>Of course, he could bring the jar of 50 size of dex tabs and
>dole them out to everyone who might be jealous.
Good idea, bad in the eyes of the school administration:
I think it was all over either ADA or JDF (which ?) website
a year or more ago over a high-school boy with diabetes
in the Midwest somewhere who was suspended, expelled, sent to
"drug counseling" for his "drug dealing in school" for doing
just that! Sharing his "special" candy, which THE SCHOOL ADMIN
declared to be drug-dealing.

Somewhat similar problem now that I'm 3-times that age, is
similar "prohibition" on eating "aboard public transit vehicles".
Havn't been on recently, but a couple years ago I rode the
trains and buses frequently so could have had problems there too.

David C. Winegarden
Fremont, CA