[IP] ip re: feeling old

I remember breathing a sigh of relief because when I was diagnosed ('71)
they had just introduced disposable needles. I knew one other diabetic
and she had always used the glass syringes. They gave me the orange to
practice on while in the hospital for 2 weeks (was in severe DKA by
diagnosis) The first dr. my Mom took me to before diagnosis said it was
a "phase" I was going through when I had lost 42 lbs in one month and
not to worry about me. Too bad he wasn't right! :)