[IP] frustrated with friend . . .venting

AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'm so disappointed!!! I know that no one can make the
decision to use a pump other than the person themself, but I just got a call
from my diabetic friend (friend with diabetes :)  that she had gotten set up
for prepump training, after first deciding not to do it, then changing her
mind, and now after her prepump she changed her mind AGAIN and isn't doing
it!  NOOOOOOO!!!! :(   :(   First of all, it's really annoying me that she
said "It doesn't matter. If I ever change my mind again I'll be able to get
the pump tomorow because my dad can pull strings at the insurance company."
grrr. .  .I wanted to . . .I don't know . . . do something drastic because
there are SO MANY people that truly want this technology that face so many
stumbling blocks with insurance.  Then, her reasons for not choosing a pump
were that she felt it would call her attention to the fact that she has
diabetes and she doesn't want people to pity her.  This is from a person who
announces to everyone she meets that she has diabetes and who has even faked
lows to get attention.  Then, her other reason was "why bother, I'm already
in tight control," which could be a valid reason except when I asked her
what she meant by tight control she said "Oh, my numbers are consistently
int he low 200's."
   Sorry for venting to all of you, this is really upsetting me. I know it's
a personal decision and many people choose not to, some for good and some
for not so good reasons.  It sounds like she really isn't ready or mature
enough for the responsibility anyway, but . . .I wish it were different!
I'm just worried about her because she already has been in the hospital for
hypos and DKA on multiple occasions and I wish she could see beyond the
first few months of getting used to it.  Sigh. Thanks for listening.
--Gianna  >:{