Re: [IP] Frio Wallets for Keeping Insulin Cool

Why would you want a Freezer.  I thought we were to use the
Butter Keeper as it was at a mid-level temperature (48-56 deg.)  In
a freezer (or on freeze packs) you would get a frozen insulin which I
know clumps NPH, Lente and such.  Wouldn't it be bad for Lyspro
as well?

On 1 Sep 99, at 10:15, Kerfoot/Riganti wrote:

> I have a FRIO, and I my feelings are mixed about this product.  I tend to
> use it as a last resort when I need to keep my insullin cool in hot temps,
> such as when I will not have access to a freezer for the freezer packs for
> other products.  I haven't  measured the temperature of the inside of the
> FRIO when it is activated, but I think the interior is cooler than the hot
> ambient temps of say over 90 degrees F., but certainly no where near the
> cold temps of another re-freezable compartment or the  Fridge. It's the
> best option that I know of however when you do not have access to a
> freezer when traveling.

George Lovelace
(I'll take anything under 100 deg.)