Re: [IP] WHY no humalog in pumps?

> Subject: Re: [IP] WHY no humalog in pumps?
> Jack Granowski wrote:
> >  I pay
> > $458/month for insurance and I would like them to pay for  it.  My
> > doctor said that he can prescribe anything he wants, legally, but it
> > won't be covered by insurance.  My question is still - is H
> > covered/approved for pumps for anyone anywhere?
> My doc just prescribes the Humalog, and the insurance company doesn't
> pay any attention to what I DO with it. So I use it in my pump and its
> covered!
> I wonder why yours is quibbling it???  Do they cover Humalog for OTHER
> people? Do they investigate ALL medications as to whether they're
> FDA-approved for a specific purpose? Or are they just hassling you??
> Fellow Nevadan,
>  ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c-
>  Natalie A. Sera, with all her ducks in a row!

I have heard a number of responses, with some that cover and some that don't.
There were bc/bs from different states that both covered and didn't cover.  Rather
than listen to the pharmacist, doctor or the doctors referral people, I called
bc/bs nevada.  I turns out that they do cover it, but not through a regular
prescription.  It just needs prior authorization.  Just bringing an Rx to the
druggist will get turned down, with no explanation.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
Itís what you learn after you know it all that counts.
 - -John Wooden