Re: [IP] Prime troubles

In a message dated 8/31/99 10:05:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted
writes: I rarely get my pump to prime the first time.  I usually have to take
out the  cartridge at least twice, reload, and prime again, then again.  I do
it all  the same each time I reload, but it always takes a few tries.
Anybody else
 have this issue?  Holly >>

I used to have trouble priming my pump then I found a "solution" quite by
I have the MM507C.  I hope I don't confuse anyone with my description of this

You know how when you snap your reservoir into the pump the pump is facing
with the door at the top and the length is left to right?  Now instead, after
you snap your reservoir into the pump, turn the pump on end to where the pump
length is now up and down, and the tubing is facing down.  Then, move the
driver arms into place.  It seems that gravity is pushing the driver arm down
on the reservoir and sets the lead screw better.  I've started doing this and
now I do not have trouble priming the pump and it usually only takes 2 units
to prime.  I haven't tried less than the 2 units yet.  But with only 2 units,
it sure saves time.