Re: [IP] Sleeping with pump - Reply

At 09:48 AM 9/30/1998 EDT, you wrote:
>Hello fellow pumpers.
>Just had a quick question and need some answers.  I have a minimed 507 and I
>use the 42 inch QR infusion set.  Heres the problem...I'm one of those people
>who tosses and turns ALL night long.  I've had my pump since April and still
>have had a problem getting comfortable at night trying to sleep.  I tried
>putting it under my pillow and woke up with it around my neck.  I've tried
>wearing t-shirts with pockets, too uncomfortable to sleep on stomach.  Just
>wondering if anyone has any good and helpful ideas or me.

I too sleep on my stomach and toss and turn alot.  I also have nothing to
clip my pump to when I sleep.  I where the pump is a Sock-it-away on the
inside back of my thigh.  With the pump in that spot I can sleep in any
position without feeling the pump.  The Sock-it-away used to be available
from MiniMed but I beleive thay have replaced it with the Thigh Thing which
I have not yet tried but it should work about the same.  If you want to try
having the pump on your thigh before you buy a special device, try using an
Ace bandage.  The pump will sometimes slip out of the Ace but it will give
a "feel".

Tnx, Corky
 "I never said I could spell"