Re: [IP] humalog vs. velosolin

Dante, you should just try it and see how it works.  No reason your
physician should object.  Nearly all of the pumper in our local pump club
use straight Humalog and have no problems.   On this list, though,  you'll
find lots of people who say that mixing a little bit of R or V helps, but
before you get into all that extra fussing, just see if the straight
Humalog works.  For me and many others I know, there is not much advantage
in mixing, unless for some reason you want to slow down the insulin
absorption to match slow intestinal absorption.
p.s. If you want a copy of the H/V mixing study I did in the summer, just
email me directly.

At 03:47 PM 09/29/1998  Dante Jacobson wrote:
>I have been on the pump for about 2 and half years now.  this
>whole time I have been on velosolin.  I was told that I needed
>be on this insulin because of some anti clogging agent that is
>it.  I hear everyone talking about using humalog in their
>what's the difference? velosolin seems to be working okay for
>but okay isn't good enough.  I want to get a really tight
>control.  my husband is getting ready to graduate from college
>and we want to work on having a child.  I already test 8-10 a
>day.  if humalog works better I want to start on that.  I would
>appreciate any info you have on the two so I can ask my doctor
>about it at my next appointment in the middle of october.
>for you help.

Wayne Mitzner
615 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, MD 21205