Re: [IP] Sleeping with pump

I use long infusion sets, also - 110 cm. (43 inches).

For the first year on the pump, I kept my pump under my pillow. When I toss
and turn, though, it is generally not in a "full circle", so the tubing did
not really wrap around me, but it often got in my way.

I've given up on the pillow thing. I just lay my pump beside me, seems to
work just fine. There are no issues for me with bed clothing like T-shirts,
pajamas, etc. since - ahem, there are none ;-) Sometimes it's a little
tricky to find my pump when I wake - "now if I follow this end of the
tubing, eventually I'll find the pump on the other end. Woah! - how did it
end up there?" <vbg>

I occasionally wake up sleeping directly on the pump, with the tubing
"stuck" to me. In real hot weather, I've wondered if this keeps the insulin
a bit too warm (I use Velosulin), but I haven't taken the time to figure
this out. I suspect it's not the best environment for my insulin, but it's
usually easy to deal with.

It took me awhile to get real comfortable with my pump during sleep.
Chris wrote:

>Just had a quick question and need some answers.  I have a minimed 507 and I
>use the 42 inch QR infusion set.  Heres the problem...I'm one of those people
>who tosses and turns ALL night long.  I've had my pump since April and still
>have had a problem getting comfortable at night trying to sleep.  I tried
>putting it under my pillow and woke up with it around my neck.  I've tried
>wearing t-shirts with pockets, too uncomfortable to sleep on stomach.  Just

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted