Re: [IP] EMT's and Diabetic Care

> A friend of mine who is a EMT indicated that when they
> encounter an unconcious diabetic, they do not use glucagon.
> Instead they set up an interveinous glucose drip; contention
> is that it is faster.  Never having used or seen glucagon
> used, I cannot say how fast/slow it is.

It is not faster. The fastest way to get glucose into you body is
orally. Second best is a glucogen injection to get the liver to
release glucose. People actually starve to death slowly when fed
intravenously because you can not get enough energy and nutrients in
that way.

Michael <email @ redacted>