[IP] Scar tissue/hytrophy

Does anyone have any info on scar tissue? What I am asking is; my sites
are creating this hytrophy. I hate it, but, was wondering if there is
anything that can be done to improve or reduce it? I am not looking for
a miracle. I realize that to insert a foriegn object into ones body and
pumping liquid into the insertion site (particularly insulin, which, I
know in the beginning had to be buffered not to eat the poor dogs skin
away-see Joslin diabetes manual for reference).
But any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated (try not to get
to technical, seeing as I am not the smartest guy on the planet).

Thank you,

Tim T.