Re: [IP] Accidental site pulls

>A safety loop is used with sof-set infusion sets.  You make a
>loop, about one-
>inch diameter with the small length of tubing between the
>and the
>quick release, then tape it down to your skin, next to the
>cannula.  This acts
>as a "shock absorber".  The theory is that if the tubing gets
>pulled, it will
>simply undo the loop and not pull out the whole set.
>This wouldn't work with the C/T/S type of sets.

That explains why I was never shown the loop, since I have only
used the C/T/S flavor. I wonder, however, if some sort of
similar loop couldn't still be made with the C/T/S type? It
would have to be on the other side of the quick-release,
obviously. I've never had a set pulled out, but I've had a few
pretty good tugs on it.

I'm also starting to think that I should routinely carry an
extra set in my car... if a set should get pulled out when I'm
away from home, it would be pretty tough to try to stick the
soft teflon canula back in the hole. <vbg> Do most of you carry
a little emergency kit with you in the car? If so, what do you