Re: [IP] Re: low volume in syringes raises blood sugar?

John Neale wrote:
> > > has been in for 12, 24, 48 or >96 hours, it is only this last bit that
> > > gives me >major headaches.
> > > **********
> >
> > Do you religiously twist and push/pull the plunger before filling the
> > syringe. Sounds like a lubrication problem. The other problem my be a
> > little bit of grit or dirt on the lead screw of your pump at one end.
> Is it possible that the relative expansion/contraction of the cartridge
> casing due to temperature changes will be less at the solid end of the
> cartridge where it is constricted, compared with in the middle? Might
> this not cause the plunger to have a tighter fit in those last few
> units?

Actually, John it relates to the "draft". There is something like a 1/2 degree
taper from the back end of the barrel to the front end so that it can be
from the core pin more easily when molding is complete. That's why they use
the rubber plunger tips or "O" rings (in pumps), to keep the seal in a
diameter as the plunger advances. Yes this MAY make the plunger action harder
at the front end and without twisting the plunger around before you load it you
may end up with a dry spot and it won't move normally.

Ted Quick