Re: [IP] Re: A1C.

In a message dated 9/25/98 6:24:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< << Glycosolated hemoglobin (A1c) better than 7, for  a start.
 >  Yale (MD) >>
 > Barbara B writes
 > >Better than 7%? My info has it that A1C>7-8% puts one at higher risk for
 > complications. Barbara B. (RN,CDE)<
 > And my endo says a 7 is perfect and be cautious holding much below that for
more risk of serious HYPOs.   Guess everybodies mileage and Endos may
> More likely the A1c test used varies. The ranges are rather different from
 different labs and they hope to develop some standard regime eventually.<
 Seems like I have been misunderstood here.... Please note..Yale said "greater
than 7"...which to me could mean ANY number above 7..all the way to
9...10...etc.  Perhaps, I missed something.

Barbara B.