[IP] Infusion change at night

We change Lauren's (12 yrs) site at night about 80% of the time because it
is the convenient time for us...But I take on the responsiblity of getting
up in the middle of the night, at least 2 hours later to test her blood.
Sometimes I have had to get up again 2 hours later to be sure everything is
OK.when I get a questionable BG.  Once I did put an infusion in and the
pump was not working (operator error - I didn't put the little arms in the
right place and I didn't check the prime to see if it was coming out)
discovered my error at 1:00 AM.  Lauren was up to 500 + (she had eaten
after the infusion had been changed).  I worry that Lauren might go so high
(if the pump wasn't working) that she would not be able to get up cause she
was so out of it and check whether the pump was working.

So I would say that it is OK to do it at night, especially if you have
another kind soul who is willing to get up and make sure that your BG's are
Ok.....Or you don't eat anything after changing the infusion, cause if the
pump wasn't working you wouldn't get outrageious BGs several hours later
and you would be able to get up and check your BGs yourself.

Diane Massey