Re: [IP] Messing Up!

Wendy and Bonnie,
I appreciate the situations you describe but, as a CDE, I personally would never recommend that you reintroduce the insulin in ANY cartridge or syringe into the bottle. There is ongoing evidence that insulin outside the original bottle may begin to deteriorate after two days.  Certainly, with exposure to temperatures over 80 degrees, I would believe that such has probably begun to occur.  Recent anecdotal evidence suggests that this is happening to many people with both pumps.  If you reintroduce "old" insulin, you are then contaminating the entire remaining contents of an otherwise good bottle of insulin.  It would be
my recommendation that you follow Bob's outline specifically with the Tender.  Using the clamp and carefully disconnecting and reconnecting is another option.  Be sure to check for an air space if you disconnect at the luer.   Been there, done that!  Fran