Re: [IP] Messing Up!

>>> "Wendy Anderson" <email @ redacted> 09/25 1:06 PM >and if I change the set I
throw away the remaining insulin<<

My diabetes educator told me to put what was left in the syringe back in the insulin bottle and reuse.  When I am changing tubing and reservoir (syringe) in my Minimed, I remove it all, pull back on plunger and "suck" all the good insulin out of the tubing (be sure you have taken the infusion set off and out of your body first).  I have done this for two years.  I am careful to watch the bottle for signs of "going bad" cloudiness, little tiny crystals floating around and sometimes no sign at all, just insulin that doesn't work.  I have had one bad bottle which came from pharmacist that way and one batch go bad on me.
Secondly, Number one rule for me   NEVER leave home without a back up.  I keep a complete set, a needle syringe like I used to use, alcohol swabs, and insulin in a special leather bag inside my purse with my glucose tabs and stuff.  If I am going somewhere fancy and want a small purse I might leave it all in the car.  Not in weather extremes however.
Just a suggestion to make fewer crises.