Re: [IP] Question about site and tubing changes

In a message dated 9/24/98 10:01:34 PM Mountain Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< I have seen some posts that you change your site every 3-4 days and the
 tubing when the cartridge is empty.  How many units do you use when you
 fill the cartridge?  Do you fill it til it is full?  I was told to put 160
 units in it, should I jse more?

There is no set "rule" as to how much insulin to put in a syringe.  I suggest
you figure out how much you would use in one week and add on about 20 units
extra as a cushion.

Personally, I use 20-23 units a day so I fill my syringe every Monday morning
with 200 units, and just switch to a new cannula (I use Silhouettes) on Friday
mornings.  I know of one person who uses over 100 units a day. Obviously, he
might need to fill the syringe again before he changes the cannula.

Just do whatever works for you.

Mary Jean