Taking Control of the Reins (was)Re: [IP] Is this site corruption?

   Excellent advice ONCE the "newbies" get past the "start-up" phase. In this
era of information overload & managed care "underload", the patients can
easily fall through the cracks (chasm??). The inherent beauty of the pump is
precisely what you've articulated: i.e. the ability to make mini-changes to
your insulin regimen & promptly see the results. I also agree with an earlier
post about the pump itself being a strong "motivator" for better self-care.
Feeling physiologically better can't help but impact on mental well-being.
which then becomes positive reinforcement for checking more frequently. I
likened it to doing your math homework & then being able to check the answers
in the back of the book to see how accurately you did the computations!!!  In
fact, Melissa came home yesterday disappointed about a French test grade & I
saw that same frustrated, "what did I do wrong" look on her face that I used
to see pre-pump when her bg would inexplicably be in the 300s.....Admittedly,
having taught French myself, in this particular case, I KNOW what she did
wrong!!! LOL....

Regards, Renee