Re: [IP] alchohol use and diabetes

In a message dated 9/24/98 12:46:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< On Sat, 19 Sep 1998 email @ redacted wrote in comments to
      email @ redacted about alky, weight and diabetes:
      >><< Here's The Challenge.  What's your solution?
      > You want to drink alcohol at my low Ac1  celebration  at 7:00 p.m.
These were not my answers to the questions. ...B. Bradley

>>      Drinking alcohol isn't the problem: its the junk they put in with it
      that is.  I find that VODKA I can drink like water, but anything
      I suggest drinking seltzer.  It's tastier than vodka and doesn't add
      problems to mind control (although I don't think I've ever become
      inebriated from vodka)
      > You are overweight and want to make changes to lose weight.  You
      usually  have one or two drinks with dinner.  What changes might help
      you accomplish  your goal?
      This is easy.  Obviously if you stop talking to your insurance agent
      and doctor before dinner you won't need the drinks.  I suggest sending
      my older brother to your doctor and insurance agent.  He scarred me a
      lot just by threatining to sit on me when we were growing up.  Any
      doctor in his right mind (and any insurance agent that has a mind)
      would agree to ANYTHING to prevent this.
      WALK!!  Losing weight entails WORK.  sorry.
      (or come help me clean up after my kids.  This is GREAT aerobic
       exercise since it is an excersize that results in nothing!)<<
      Yerachmiel B. Altman.