[IP] alchohol use and diabetes

     On Sat, 19 Sep 1998 email @ redacted wrote in comments to
     email @ redacted about alky, weight and diabetes:
     >><< Here's The Challenge.  What's your solution?
     > You want to drink alcohol at my low Ac1  celebration  at 7:00 p.m.
     Drinking alcohol isn't the problem: its the junk they put in with it
     that is.  I find that VODKA I can drink like water, but anything
     I suggest drinking seltzer.  It's tastier than vodka and doesn't add
     problems to mind control (although I don't think I've ever become
     inebriated from vodka)
     > You are overweight and want to make changes to lose weight.  You
     usually  have one or two drinks with dinner.  What changes might help
     you accomplish  your goal?
     This is easy.  Obviously if you stop talking to your insurance agent
     and doctor before dinner you won't need the drinks.  I suggest sending
     my older brother to your doctor and insurance agent.  He scarred me a
     lot just by threatining to sit on me when we were growing up.  Any
     doctor in his right mind (and any insurance agent that has a mind)
     would agree to ANYTHING to prevent this.
     WALK!!  Losing weight entails WORK.  sorry.
     (or come help me clean up after my kids.  This is GREAT aerobic
      exercise since it is an excersize that results in nothing!)
     Yerachmiel B. Altman.