[IP] I'm back and approaching Assimilation Day

I've just finished wading through close to 400 e-mail messages.  That ought to
teach me to go anywhere offline for a few days!   The past weekend was
interesting - and I don't think it would have been nearly as much fun without
the insulin pump.

The schedule was totally unpredictable from Thursday through Tuesday.  On
Sunday I preached at three churches - one at 8:50 a.m.,  one at 9:50 a.m. and
another at 10:50 a.m.   At 9:50 my bg dropped to 62 and I had to get into the
sugar tabs, but after the tabs and dropping my basal rate a little things went
well.  The churches were about a 20 minute drive apart...  that sort of put a
time limit on this old Baptist that I'm not used to having.  The great part is
that before the pump I wouldn't have even tried such a morning because I'd have
constantly have been having to eat.  The increased activity was why I dropped
the basal rate and that took care of it nicely.   It's exciting - being able to
handle something like this without major difficulty!  And then on Sunday
evening things were off schedule too, and I wasn't able to eat until around
8:00 p.m. - but again, no problem!   I like this insulin pump! I couldn't think
of a much better start to celebrating my first anniversary of Assimilation Day!
September 26 - here we come...

Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.