Re: [IP] pumpers in Canada-please help!

> I received a request for help from a lady in Canada that is looking into
> PT for her 6 year old daughter.  I'm not sure what province she is in,
> but she's been told that pumps aren't prescribed until kids are
> teenagers.  I know there are parents of younger Canadian pumpers on this
> list.  If you are a parent of a child pumping in Canada, or if you know
> your doctor has children pumping, please let me know who the doctor is
> and what province he/she is in.  Thanks so much.

Send her the KID list of successfull pumpers

These parents of diabetic children would be happy to answer your
questions about pumping and kids.

Renee Bernett email @ redacted Melissa started pumping at 12
Judy Cunningham email @ redacted Megan started pumping at 5
Dan & Lisa Diener email @ redacted Spencer started pumping at 10
Dave and Barbara Harden email @ redacted Heather started pumping at 8
Barbi Lazarow email @ redacted Malcolm started pumping at 4 + 2weeks!
Rose Lulla email @ redacted Ravi started pumping at 10 Diane
Massey email @ redacted Lauren started pumping at 12 Liz
McClung email @ redacted Daren started pumping at 13 Pamela Paslow
email @ redacted Justin started pumping at 12 Judy Premerlani
email @ redacted Elissa started pumping at 3 now she is 17
Leisha Roberts email @ redacted Jason started pumping at 14
Michael Robinton email @ redacted Lily started pumping at
11 Betsy Sale email @ redacted Stephanie started pumping at 8
Kasey Sikes email @ redacted Kayla started pumping at 5

There are many more parents of kids that pump on the mail list.
As of Monday, 21-Sep-1998 17:57:58 PDT, these children are pumpers:

Currently on the list we have these kid pumpers (there are more, I
just don't know all their names and ages)

 2 Hannah
17 (started at 3) Ellissa
 4 Will
 4 Malcom
 5 (started at 4) Drew
 5 Kayla
 6 Brendan
 6 Megan
 6 Jessica
 6 Jason
 7 (started at 6) Cameron
 7 Rachel
10 Zach (started 7.5)
 8 Chris
 8 Marisa
 8 Jarrod
 8 TJ
11 Angie (started 8)
 9 Stephanie #2
 9 Brandon
 9 Paul
 9 Jenna
13 1/2 ( started at 10) Darren
10 Reed
10 Ravi
10 Spencer
10 Kim
10 Nikki
11 Amy
11 Brian
11 Nate
14 (started at 11) Lily
12 Lauren
14 (started at 12) Justin
15 (started at 13) Melissa
13 Chelsey
16 (started 14) Stephanie #1
14 Jason
14 Nathaneal
15 Brian
15 Sara
16 Bryan

In addition, there are quite a few kids age 7 - 10 waiting for pumps
in the next month or two.