[IP] pump and construction

Now I have a question.  I was also talking to someone about the pump
last night and asked if he had ever heard of the insulin pump (this
guy is type 1).  He said he had and that because of him doing
construction the doctor said that he couldn't use one.  Does anyone
here know of anyone who does this kind of work that uses the pump?
I know there are doctors that just don't recommend them and find
excuses for not using them.