Re: [IP] Surgery and Pump

I have had numerous surgeries with the pump.  I have never changed my basal
rate before surgery.  That is the idea behind a basal rate, to cover your base
needs while fasting.  Depending on the type of surgery, sometimes my sugars
have remained stable, other times they have increased.  YMMV.  My advise is
keep the basals what they usually are.  Keep careful track of your sugars.
Have someone who can check them if you are unable to right after surgery and
every hour afterwards for a while, until you can see a pattern.
Best wishes with your surgery.