Re: [IP] Y2K and pumps

They're both Y2K compliant. They would have had to do a lot of work to be
non-Y2K compliant. I don't know about the Disetronics pumps, but I've never
had to tell my Mini-Med what is the current year. It doesn't care.

The pump, like all embedded systems, keeps track of time with an internal clock. For it, time only goes in one direction - forward. It has no concept of weeks, months, or years. Even if it did, it would only be as some multiple of clock ticks or "cycles". For the pump, 12:00:00, January 1, 2000 will just be another
electronic tick of the microprocessor's clock.

In short, you don't need to worry about your pump dropping dead at the beginning
of the next millenium any more than you need to worry about your dog dropping
dead at that time. Neither one knows or cares about "the next century".

(Who's spent years making microprocessors count little electronic ticks).