[IP] EMLA cream

Sherri -

My husband (non-diabetic) practiced putting the comforter into his abdomen,
without EMLA,  about six times before he would consider putting it in
Lauren's, 12, stomach.  Of the 6 times, 2X did NOT hurt, and 4X DID
HURT...so much so that he refused to put a comfort in her at that time (and
we went back to a sofset for that infusion).  Our next attempt we used EMLA
and the insertion went very smoothly for Lauren and me.  I admit that both
Lauren and I are a bit "needle phobic" and the EMLA helped us
psychologically.  After his experience, my husband STILL won't put one in

Diane Massey