   I've been down to my local ADA office lately. What I heard was that
the JDF sent out their info, but may not have checked about the ADA
one. My chapter(ADA) rescheduled their walk for some time in Nov,
instead of Oct( as had vbeen planned).
  You may need to contact your local ADA office, or JDF office, and
voice your concerns. They should both listen, and consider your
comments, as both groups HEAVILY rely on volunteers, ESPECIALLY for
fundraising efforts. Your point is well taken concerning both walks
being so close. I'll mention it when I go in this week. Don't know if
the National offices of these groups may need to be contacted!!!!
Spring time, I have been told, is for detection.
   Just my .02