Vicki- I live in Philadelphia which is where the split between ADA and JDF
occurred. FYI the woman who started JDF had belonged to ADA but felt they
were not doing enough to raise money for research.She left ADA and started
JDF whose primary goal is raising money for research.  The rift that was
caused more than 20 years ago has been very difficult to mend. I was on the
ADA board for many years and we made many overtures to JDF.  We have been
unable to make amends.  I have voiced the opinion to ADA when they first
started the Walktoberfest that they should change the date but they have
been unwilling. My feeling is that we all lose in this situation.  I don;t
know what else can be done.       Sally