[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #541

    It was certainly a pleasure to share my account with you.  My Mom was a
really special lady.  She found out late in life (about 60) that she was
Type II diabetic.  She took very good care of herself (she already knew all
the "rules").  The sad part of the story is that the doctor she had wasn't
so smart about diabetes.  He prescribed Micronase and told her to "take as
needed".  Well, as a senior citizen, she thought that when she wasn't
feeling well (we all know how we feel when our blood sugars drop) she
thought she should take her medicine.  It is my opinion that she suffered
the numerous mini strokes because of the severe hypoglycemic reactions.
Does anyone else have an opinion on this?  I'd be interested to hear.
    Dedonc, I am so glad you are feeling better. I'm not as loyal a follower
as many of you so I wasn't aware of your hospitalization.  So glad to hear
you are on the mend.
    On the subject of Nicole receiving the crown of Miss America . . . she
is sure to do wonderful things for us.  She sends an excellent message to
everyone.  She'll be like Jerry Lewis is for MS without the telethon.  Oh,
and doesn't she "hide" that pump well?! :-)
>From: email @ redacted
>    Thank you Jane for that beautiful story.  It made my heart smile.
>    By the way friends I am home from my hysterectomy, and am healing.
Yes, you were all right, Marc and Ryan did fine.  They are much closer if
possible and Ryan has become more independent.  God has a wonderful way.
    Thanks to all of you for your patience and encouragement.  When I look
back at how I felt, I just can't believe what I had taken on.  Ryan prefers
me to change out the site, he says "You just have the touch mom."